How to keep your kids busy during Spring Break
It’s that time of year again: Spring Break. Your kids will be out of school for about a week. What will you do to keep them busy? If you’re lucky, you might be planning a fun vacation. If that’s the case, you may want to check out Getaway Today to do your planning.
You might work full-time and have daycare lined up. If that’s your situation, your routine probably won’t change too much.
If you have Spring Break off with your kids or are a stay at home mom, your routine might be turned upside down this week.
How to stick to a routine
Figure out what works for you, but here are a few ideas:
- Write out a schedule for the week.
- Make sure your kids know what you expect of them.
- Keep plenty of snacks on hand and meals planned.
- Make sure kids still get enough sleep and go to bed at a reasonable time.
- Keep your kids busy with the activities below.
Spring break activities
If your kids will be home this week, here are a few activities you can plan to help keep your kids busy.
- Go hiking (weather permitting)
- Make Easter or Spring crafts at home
- Visit a local Farm, museum, or Aquarium or other local places. If you’re in Utah, check out the Leonardo Museum.
- Go to a movie, or rent a movie and have a movie night at home.
- Turn gardening into a fun activity and involve the kids or even let them plant their own potted plant like these fairy gardens.
- Make Vision boards together as a family.
- Find neighbors who need help and serve them: pull weeds, mow their lawn, clean, make treats for them, etc.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Go to the park.
- Plan some play dates with friends.
- Ride bikes, roller blade, skateboard.
- Play sports together: basketball, soccer, football, etc.
- Conduct Science experiments at home.
- Make bird feeders.
- Play with chalk outside.
- Go on a picnic.
- Jump rope or other outside activities.
- Let your kids choose one fun thing at the dollar store.
- Go camping.
- Get something practical done like, Spring cleaning or catching up on school reading.
What are you plans for Spring Break? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.