Have you ever thought about starting a blog?
If you’ve ever thought about starting a blog, you want to read this post. I completed the Elite Blog Academy (EBA) course and I have included the pros and cons that I have found below.
Registration for EBA® is currently closed. The last enrollment was on March 4-8, 2019 and it will be opening up again soon! But you can join the waiting list now!
Elite Blog Academy
I have to admit that when I first started Elite Blog Academy in November 2015, I had no idea how much work it would be. When I first started blogging, I quickly set everything up on my blog, searching Pinterest for resources, but had no idea what I was doing.
I had NO blogging experience. I knew the basics about computers, but nothing about code, photography, design, or anything blogging related. I was a mess!
Don’t have the time?
I am a single parent and I also have a full-time job plus side jobs on top of this blog. Because of this, I am only able to blog part-time. This has slowed me down, but I want you to know that if you are in a similar situation, it can still be done.
You can work while building your blog on the side. Of course, the more time you have to commit, the faster things will happen, but you can still make it happen even if you’re a part time blogger.
On a budget?
Being a single parent, I am also on a very tight budget. The great thing is that you can always sign-up to get free information while you’re saving up for any courses you decide to take. I have included some free resources below.
Overall, I would recommend signing up for the Elite Blog Academy waiting list and to join the free events they offer for the free information. As you go through those courses, you will get a feel for the course and be able to make a better decision about purchasing or not.
How long does the course take?
The course is very flexible and you are able to move through it at your own pace. There are 12 sections, but you can go through it on your own time. I started the course in November 2015 and it took me a year to go through the program.
Many bloggers finished it much faster than I did, and some much longer. It just depends on the time you have available and also on where you are currently in your blogging journey.
One thing that slowed me down (besides blogging around my full-time job and kid’s schedules) is trying to figure out the technical side to blogging while going through the course. If you have your blog set up already and are familiar with the technical side of blogging, you can go through the course much faster.
One great thing about it is that you can take the course more than one time. Once you’re signed up you can also go through it as many times as you want. You will have lifetime access for the lifetime of the course!
*This post is currently being updated as there have been recent changes to the course. Please come back soon.
- Purchasing EBA is like paying for blogging college. If you think about it in this way, it’s actually much cheaper than a semester of college. (I can verify this one, as my daughter is currently attending college…$$$)
- Elite Blog Academy will definitely help you learn to blog smarter. It will help you slow down and taught walk you step by step through what you need to do: to build a brand and build your blog.
- One of my favorite things about Elite Blog Academy is the support system it provides. They have a private Facebook group that you will be a part of. I met a group of friends through Elite Blog Academy and we communicate almost every day. It has been so nice to have somewhere to go to ask questions or just talk about difficulties and also daily successes.
- The course will help keep you on track in areas that you may have given up without the structure. I would not have been where I am today without Elite Blog Academy.
- This course helps pull together information on blogging into one course. This will save you a lot of time that easily could have been spent hopping around from one thing to another while trying to figure it out alone.
- Elite Blog Academy is only open for registration one time each year. See the waiting list.
- Ruth admits that she is NOT the biggest tech guru and she doesn’t give step by step directions on setting up your blog. This was the biggest negative I found throughout the whole course, but she was very clear about this from the beginning. So, really there shouldn’t be a surprise there.
- If you are a complete beginner, you may want to set up and learn the basics before enrolling in this class. Even with having my blog set up, I realized I had a lot of work to do on my blog. Trying to figure out some of the basics of building my blog while completing the course definitely slowed me down.
- I would recommend completing at least 10-25 posts on your blog before beginning this course. If you are still set on this course and you haven’t finished the 10-25 posts, you can probably do it, but just know that it may take you a little longer.
- This is NOT a get rich quick gimmick. Hard work and dedication are required to be successful.
- The cost can be difficult for many to pay before actually making money blogging. I wouldn’t recommend spending money on this course if it’s taking from your family’s basic needs.
If you’re on a tight budget like I am, this course may be a big investment. These are my recommendations if you’re still not completely sure if it will work for you.
Or if you don’t have the money right now, start with free resources and then think about it so that you’ll be ready when the time is right for you:
Sign-up for the Elite Blog Academy waiting list. That way you won’t miss anything while trying to decide if you’re going to sign-up for the actual course.
Free #1 Best selling book: How to Blog for Profit
Take the EBA Entrepreneurial Assessment
Square Space Made Simple Tutorial
Download the FREE PDF: 7 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Blog Income Over Night
Organize your blog with the FREE Secret Blueprint for Blogging Success
Download the FREE 7 Genius Time Hacks for Bloggers
FREE PDF Download: How to Write with FOCUS
Start planning NOW by putting some money in savings each month for the course. This course only opens up one time each year. By the time it opens up again, you can decide if you’re ready to take the course.
Do what works for you
Or maybe you’ll decide that between your own knowledge, the free ebooks and downloads (above), and Ruth’s book were enough to get you going on you blogging journey.
If that’s the case, you’ll get to keep the money you started saving and have nothing to lose.
You can always keep saving for next year, but you should also know that there’s a chance of the price being raised if you wait.