Benefits of Shopping Online
- You won’t have to wait in line or spend time driving from store to store.
- No dealing with kids complaining and whining in the stores.
- It’s more practical. You can shop on your own time and easily look for the best deal.
- You can use sites that earn you money as you shop.
There are some drawbacks to online shopping. For example, you can’t actually touch the items before you purchase. Depending on the store, it also may be more difficult to return items, but overall there are so many benefits.
Here are some ways that you can save
Thank you for using my links if you sign up so that I get referral credit, which allows me to keep blogging 🙂
- Ebates– Set up your account and then search for different stores through their site. If they partner with the site you are looking for, link to the site from Ebates. When you make purchases, you have the chance to earn cashback. I usually receive a check each year right after Christmas and sometimes other times throughout the year. You can find more information on my post about shopping through Ebates.
- Shopathome– Once you set up your account, you can search for the store you’re looking for and link to that store from Shopathome. They will let you know if there is any cash back or coupons available. You make your purchase as you normally would and they will put cashback in your Shopathome account. Once your total balance reaches $20 or more, they will mail you a check.
- Swagbucks– Online rewards and cash back program. Simply do the things you’d normally do online, such as search the web, answer polls, watch videos, play games, and shop; you’ll accumulate points that are quickly redeemable for free gift cards, PayPal Cash or pre-paid cards from Visa.
- Woot– “Deal a Day” type of website. They offer electronics, clothing, toys, household items, etc. Most deals change daily, but some more often. It’s worth checking out.
- Group Discount sites- These sites are pretty popular and I know many of you have heard of them, but I thought I would post them just in case. I have been shopping through these sites for years. I really don’t do big activities without checking these sites for discounts. They’re all basically the same idea, but each offers different deals. Check them out and see what they have available in your area. I’ve included a few links here: Groupon Living Social KSL Deals CityDeals
- Another option is to leave items in your cart when shopping online with some companies. One of my favorite sites to do this with is Amazon. I usually have a few items that I’m thinking about buying in my cart. I keep checking back so that I can see the pattern of the prices changing. This way I am able to see when it is probably the lowest it will get and purchase at that price. There is always a chance that the item might sell out or won’t go back down so you have to decide if it’s something you absolutely need or if it’s something that you can wait for and take a chance on.
Other ways to save
Good luck with your online shopping! What are your favorite places to shop and ways to save money??