What’s New at Halloween Time at Disneyland 2019?
Halloween Time at Disneyland is increasingly popular. This year it is going to be bigger and better than ever. Here is a quick guide on what to expect during Halloween Time at Disneyland in 2019, plus some tips on how you can save.
The Pumpkin Festival on Main Street U.S.A. is the most classic of all the Halloween decorations. You’re greeted by pumpkin versions of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy before you even enter the front gates. Once you enter Main Street U.S.A., you’ll see hundreds of hand carved pumpkins. Don’t forget to stop by the perfect Halloween Time photo op, a giant Mickey Jack-o-Lantern.
You’ll find added Halloween decorations and photo backdrops in both Frontierland, New Orleans Square and Disney California Adventure Park. They’re spooktacularly cute!
Halloween Themed Rides
Disneyland features a popular Halloween Time overlay at Haunted Mansion. Jack Skellington and friends from The Nightmare Before Christmas take over the Mansion to bring guests Haunted Mansion Holiday. Space Mountain will continue to feature its Star Wars overlay, Hyper Space Mountain, through Halloween Time.
Over in Disney California Adventure, Cars Land is getting a Halloween makeover. The town of Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams and two attractions are getting overhauled for the occasion. Mater’s Graveyard Jam-Boo-Ree and Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-o-ween will each feature Halloween trappings and music. You may even get to see Lightning McQueen and Mater cruising around in their Halloween costumes.
There are always some seasonal treats available during Halloween Time at Disneyland. One of my favorites is the Mickey beignets. Last year they offered a butterscotch version during fall and they were exceptional. You can get the Mickey beignets at Café Orleans or the Mint Julep Bar.
I recommend getting them at the Mint Julep Bar so you don’t have to have the expense of table service at Café Orleans. The Jolly Holiday Bakery is another great spot to find Halloween themed treats. This quick service restaurant features a plethora of pumpkin treats and other seasonal eats.
Oogie Boogie Dash – A Disney Halloween Party
As of 2019, Mickey’s Halloween Party is retired from Disneyland Park. In its place, Oogie Boogie Bash will be celebrated in Disney California Adventure Park. Beginning September 17, 2019 and running until October 31, 2019, guests can celebrate Halloween Time at this separately-ticketed event.
This popular event, much like Mickey’s Halloween Party, introduces fun, spook-tacular thrills for guests of all ages. On select Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 6 – 11pm, join Oogie Boogie and all his baddies for a family-friendly event featuring limited-time treats, events and more.
- Villainous! – Exclusive to the Bash is a special Villain-themed overlay for the spectacular nighttime show World of Color.
- Mickey’s Trick and Treat – Visit the Disney Theater for a live show featuring Mickey and friends. While in their best Halloween attire, Mickey shares family-friendly Halloween tales and a special treat.
- Villains Grove – Lurking on Redwood Creek Challenge Trail are Villains from many classic Disney films. Amidst the smoke, eerie sounds and lighting effects, you may come across scenes from Scar’s Elephant Graveyard, the Queen of Hearts’ garden, Maleficent’s Raven and more.
- Treat Trails – Various pathways throughout Disney California Adventure Park are transformed into trick or treat trails for guests of Oogie Boogie Bash.
- DescenDANCE – Head to the Hollywood Backlot and take part in an all-ages dance party hosted by the cast of Descendents. Move and grove, get down and boogie and be mesmerized by the Greatest Dance Crew from the Isle of the Lost.
- Frightfully Fun Parade – Fans of Mickey’s Halloween Party will be happy to see this parade make its way to Oogie Boogie Bash. Led by the Headless Horseman, Frightfully Fun Parade also features fantastic floats and costumed Disney Characters. As always, be on the lookout for Villains!
Tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party can be purchased directly from Disney. Tickets for 2019 sold out, but you can start planning for Halloween Time 2020 now with Get Away Today.
Saving Tips for Halloween Time at Disneyland
Even though it’s one of the most popular times of year to visit, there are still some ways to save during Halloween time. Visit in September to get a head start on the crowds and take advantage of more hotel specials. For 2019 travel, book 5-Day Disneyland tickets for the price of just 4 days with Get Away Today. You’ll love having so much time to explore Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park during Halloween Time!
They also have a lot of hotels with 3rd, 4th or 5th night free hotel specials. Some of their hotels have free breakfast and either free or reduced parking. Free nights are available through September and October, but the best deals will go first. If you’re thinking of buying a ticket for Oogie Boogie Bash in 2020 (since it’s sold out for 2019), you’ll save the most by going on Tuesdays and Thursdays vs Sundays. Additionally, September has lower prices than October parties.
When you’re ready to book your Halloween Time vacation, be sure to book with Get Away Today. Use promo code: 2Bloom to save an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Disneyland vacation package. Book at getawaytoday.com or call 855-GET-AWAY. Either way, be sure to let them know that Learning2Bloom sent you!