Delicious Homemade Cream Puffs
Cream puffs are one of our favorite desserts. Each time we make them, they’re gone SO fast. This is a dessert that seems like it would take much longer than it really does. The great thing about making these pastry shells is that you can fill them with about anything. We usually use pudding and sometimes even whipped cream with it. You can also add tuna or chicken salad or any other savory filling.
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine (I prefer real butter)
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 cup Sifted, all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 4 Eggs
- Boil 1 c. water in saucepan.
- Melt butter in the saucepan with the boiling water.
- Add flour and salt all at once; stir vigorously.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each is added.
- Drop by heaping Tablespoons 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 until golden brown and puffy (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven. Cool on rack.
Fill with pudding or other filling of choice. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Makes approximately 12 large or 24 small.