Finding time for Friends
As a single parent, you’re beyond busy. Probably even exhausted on most days. It may seem impossible to carve some time out of your day for your friends.
Parenting can be overwhelming. It’s even more difficult when you are doing things alone.
As impossible as it may seem, it is imperative that you take care of yourself. If you are completely drained, you won’t have anything left for your kids.
Why you still need friends
It’s important to have a support system. This means you need to find time for your friends.
You need friends in your life. You need people you can call on for help when needed.
If you can make a few really good friends you’ll have someone to talk to, or to hang out with when you need to get away.
Make new friends as a single mom
Cut out the drama
Do you ever feel like you’re in high school again? It is common even after high school to easily be sucked into friend drama.
As a single mom, you don’t have time for games. If you find yourself surrounded by mean girls, cut ties immediately and move on.
How to find time for friends
Finding time for friends can feel like a big task when you’re scheduling around kids. It’s even more difficult when your friends also have kids. Here are a few ideas on finding time with friends:
- Try to figure out a set time each month that neither of you plan anything else. Schedule that time to hang out.
- If you don’t have a babysitter and really can’t get out, find time to get together with friends and take the kids along.
- Meet at someone’s home or find other kid centered activities for your kids to do while you chat with your friends.
- If your kids are young, try to get together during their nap time. Especially if your kids will nap in a carrier or somewhere besides their own bed.
- Focus on your friends. Often due to loneliness, it’s easy to keep talking about yourself, but make sure you stop and ask people questions about them. Be a good friend.
- Find a few teens to watch a group of kids so that you and your friends have a chance to go out.
How do you find time for friends?
What are the best ways that you find time to go out with friends? Please share in the comments below!